Digital Marketing Essentials
About the course
|This course covers the basics of digital marketing, explaining the channel options and essential tactics that tie them all together in an effective way.
Who should attend?
- Marketers who want to understand more around how digital works
- Digital technologists looking to understand and align to marketing goals
- Ideal for both B2B and B2C marketers
- Client or agency side.
- The principles of putting together a good digital marketing strategy
- How to best manage the process of building a website
- The process of buying online media and the channel options available
- How to use social media and content as part of your marketing strategy, and hints and tips around the various platforms
- How search works, and how to use paid and organic search together
- Best practice in email marketing and how to manage deliverability and reputation
- The latest facts and figures around mobile and how it’s changing the online landscape
- What new and emerging technologies are likely to impact marketing in the future
|The course content will combine presentations, discussion and practical exercises on the following topics:
- Overview of the digital landscape and trends in online customer behaviour
- Content and data – their central roles in digital marketing
- Paid media – the channel options: display advertising, search, affiliates
- Websites – development and usability
- Email marketing and databases – including the spam act
- Mobile marketing & emerging media – new technology and tactics
- Social media – how to effectively manage and leverage the available tools for marketing
- Campaign planning – Practical aspects of digital marketing and the role of agencies
- Cross media integration – tying it all together for acquisition and retention
Digital Marketing Essentials Short Course is now available for online study.
The online course covers the same content as our in-class course. Topics are broken down into a series of online modules to work through at your own pace.
The course content is presented on SOUTECH’s Online Learning Management System (LMS) which you are provided access to on the day of enrolment.
Within the LMS you will find a course introduction and 3 modules. Within each module you will find the course content with exercises, case studies, articles and more.
The course study time is between 16 – 20 hours, depending on your current level of experience, however you have access to the course content for 3 months. We provide you with 6 months access so you can go back to the course module to review and revise.