Business Essentials for Analysts Certificate
This unique certificate course will enable analysts to better interpret the information requirements of marketers, and deliver the results of their analysis to marketers in a way they will understand and find useful. This will help you improve the value you provide back into the management decision-making process.
Who should attend?
- Junior to mid-level analytics professional
- Those that are looking to develop into a senior analyst role
- Currently working within a Marketing, Planning or Reporting business function.
- Problem solving and how to articulate a problem
- Taking the right brief and understanding business risk / marketing performance
- Work plans – understanding process / resource requirements
- What is needed to acquire better knowledge for a more informed decision
- How to communicate complex ideas across persuasively.
Session 1: Key business metrics – what the board wants to hear
- Forecasting in preference to reporting
- Business performance – How did we do?
- Diagnostic metrics – What is working?
- Leading Indicators – How will we do?
Session 2: Marketers’ analysis requirements – the main drivers
- Strategic Insights and Brand Strength
- Customer Engagement and Funnel Metrics
- Media Attribution
- Test, Learn, Improve
Session 3: Understanding how to define the problem
- Interviewing stakeholders/clients
- Identifying areas for focus
- Framing the key question
- Determining scope of work
- Determining stakeholders’ criteria for quality and outcomes
Session 4: Structuring the problem
- Smart decomposition of complex problems
- Creating issue trees
- Applying the Pareto principle to problem solving
- Understand the timeliness of the solution
Session 5: Work planning
- Selecting the appropriate analyses from the brief
- Identifying information needs
- Creating manageable work plans
- Setting work priorities
Session 6: Working the plan
- Managing work plans
- Dealing with the dynamics of work groups and teams
- Navigating stakeholder interactions
- Developing practical assumptions and approximations
- Avoiding “analysis paralysis” – deciding when the time is right
Session 7: Developing insights and recommendations
- Validating and verifying results
- Testing sensitivity to assumptions
- Asking “so what?”: Moving from data to insights to recommendations to plans
- “Stress-testing” recommendations
Session 8: Making the case – communications and presentation
- Speaking in their language – framing data in a business context
- Analysing the levers of persuasion
- Presenting results based on complex analytical work
- Tools, technology, imagery, handouts and slides- that support the story
Your final grade on this certifcate course is made up of:
- An exam – two hours, closed book
- Course participation, measured in three components: Class attendance; participation in class exercises and discussions; completion of pre-class preparation and post-class exercises.
The world of marketing and advertising changes fast. So, it’s vital to keep up with the latest thinking, techniques and tools. But sometimes, taking a day or two out of the office can be hard.
Want to Become an Expert? Click Below to get started!
Call 08034121380 to book your class today.