IBM SPSS Statistical Analysis Professional Training CourseSouTech Team
SOUTECH Web Consults – (a smart and budding Information Technology (IT) firm with innovative, intelligent, knowledgeable and experienced consultants, trainers and developers.
To be efficient in IT service delivery and management you need core practical training from SOUTECH Web Consults to help you in:
-Critical thinking and problem solving skills
-Creativity and innovation skills
“SPSS is a statistics and data analysis program for businesses, governments, research institutes, and academic organizations. In these tutorials, Expert tutors at SOUTECH Web Consults takes a practical, visual, and non-mathematical approach to SPSS. From importing spreadsheets to creating regression models, to exporting charts, this course covers all the basics, with an emphasis on clarity, interpretation, communicability, and application”
Propel research & analysis with a fast and powerful solution
A comprehensive set of statistical tools
Work inside a single, integrated interface to run descriptive statistics, regression, advanced statistics and many more. Create publication ready charts, tables, and decision trees in one tool.
Integration with Open Source
Enhance the SPSS Syntax with R and Python through specialized extensions. Leverage the 130+ extensions available on our Extension Hub, or build your own and share with your peers to create a customized solution.
Easy statistical analysis
Use a simple drag and drop interface to access a wide range of capabilities and work across multiple data sources. Plus, flexible deployment options make purchasing and managing your software easy.
We will help you:
- Build charts, scatterplots, and box plots
- Calculate descriptive statistics such as means and standard deviations
- Use inferential statistics such as t-tests and chi-squares
- Enter and read data
- Create new variables and cross tabulations
- Model associations with correlations, contingency tables, and multiple-regression analysis
- Format and export presentations to share your data
The goal of the course is to increase knowledge and requisite skills of participants on the use of SPSS and to enable them make the most of this powerful software package while allowing them to work independently with SPSS on their own data and provide a solid foundation for advanced data analysis work.
Who should attend?
Students and researchers in academics or industry practitioners/researchers and field workers familiar or new with statistical processes.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- To be able to perform a wide range of data management tasks in SPSS application
- Understand the basic workings of SPSS, and perform basic statistical analyses.
- To perform database management tasks, descriptive statistics and graphics, and basic inferential statistics for comparisons and correlations.
- To perform data checking and create simple tables and charts.
- To perform advanced analysis in SPSS
The course is organized in modules and each module covers a reasonable content to enable participants connect and progress successively in the next modules.
Module I – Getting Started: What is SPSS?
- What is it used for?
- Installing SPSS
- The SPSS interface
- The SPSS Screens/Windows
- The toolbars
- File handling best practices
Module II – Entering Data
- Getting familiar with the Data Editor
- Entering Variables in the Variable View (aka creating the template)
- Entering cases in the Data View
- Opening an existing SPSS Data File
- Importing files from other programs (MS Access, MS Excel)
Module III – Manipulating Data
- Selecting (Excluding)
Module IV – Summary Statistics
- Summarizing categorical variables
- Frequency procedure
- Summarizing scale (continuous) variables
- Measures of Central Tendency (Mean and Median)
- Measures of Dispersion (Range, STD Deviation, Minimum, Maximum, Percentiles)
- Case summaries
- OLAP Cubes
Module V – Charts
- Univariate Bar chart
- Clustered bar chart
- Scatter Plot
Module VI – Inferential Statistics: Association
- Introduction to inferential statistics
- Bivariate Correlation
- Simple Regression
Module VII – Inferential Statistics: Mean Differerences
- One Sample T-Test
- Independent Samples T-Test
- Paired Samples T-Test
- One Factor ANOVA
Module VIII – Inferential Statistics: Non-Parametric tests
- Chi-Square of Independence
- Chi-Square of Goodness of Fit
Module VIII – Exporting & Reporting
- Exporting to MS Word
- Exporting to MS Excel
- Exporting to MS PowerPoint
SOUTECH TRAINING COURSES TRAINING PACKAGE
Why should we train you?
We are industry experts and have deployed web solutions for clients across board and still counting.
We are not just a training company rather we deploy smart web solutions for individuals and companies alike
All courses comes with 30 days mentorship program to ensure you get the best and become an expert in the field of training.
Venue: SOUTECH VENTURES, Kano Street, After Shehu Shagari Mosque, Area 1, Abuja
What you get?
- Real-life application and understanding
- Conducive learning environment
- Participants Abuja,get a Certificate of Training
- Restricted and interactive classes
- Service comes with all necessary softwares
- Soft copy training(Videos and eBooks) materials will be available
- Qualified and experienced facilitators
- Get a full Audio recording of the training (No need for refresher class)
- Full certification course (Good for your CV)
- Job/Internship placement support (Optional)
- Customized soft copy of training materials will be provided
- Organized and efficient training process
- Tea/Cofee Breaks and Snacks to be provided
- Conducive air conditioned learning environment and Parking Space
Training Requirements and Prerequisites
– Participants must have basic competency in computer literacy.
– Participants should come with their Laptops , Internet access will be provided for the practical sessions as applicable.
– Pay Training fee 2/3 days before training date, Upon confirmation of your payment, seat reservation will be done, Commence your training at SOUTECH Training Venue