About the course
From the importance of the brief, to production and copy, proven copy styles, to how to finesse your words – this course will give you the tips and skills you need to become an expert copywriter.
Who should attend?
- Marketers and advertisers for whom copy is a key part of their role
- Copywriters looking for that next level of skills
- Those looking to refresh their writing ability
- Marketers moving into a more copy intensive role
- Marketers and advertisers who review copy as part of their job
- Those who have completed the Copywriting Essentials short course
- Those wanting to progress from other writing styles such as journalism into a marketing style
- In-house writers wanting broader expertise.
- Which elements of a marketing brief are vital to the writing process
- Why invest in an idea?
- No cost, low cost ideas
- Proven creative techniques and formulae for generating concepts
- The copy foundations: short words, punctuation and structure
- The Four Copy Formulae: four structures to write to
- Key style issues
- Getting clever with words: alliteration, the Rule of Threes, contrasting pairs
- Feedback, comments and an evaluation checklist
- Production and copy: issues and concerns
- Creating customer engagement through direct response copy.
This thoroughly practical course combines group writing exercises, real world examples and advanced copy techniques, including:
- The importance of the brief and its key elements
- The copy foundations: a summary of the basics of good copy
- Four copy styles – proven template styles to write to
- Style issues such as the Invisible Copywriter, B2B vs. B2C and when not to write
- Grammar and spelling
- Emotive vs. factual words
- Evaluating copy: what is valid criticism?
- Production and copy: the 2 out of 3 rule
- And much, much more.
The world of marketing and advertising changes fast and the need to keep up never stops. So, to fit around busy schedules, SOUTECH has created a new range of online courses: offering flexibility for when and where you want to learn.