- March 14, 2018
- Posted by: SouTech Team
- Category: Blog, Digital Marketing, Sales and Marketing
17 Kick Ass Ways to Automate and Run Digital Marketing for Your Business in Nigeria
Yes, Digital Marketing and Automation…. Two (2) Things that keep your business on the progress path on autopilot.
First thing first, what is Digital Marketing: When you don’t do marketing the traditional way (billboards, radio, newspaper, and television) but rather over the internet medium (website, SMS, ads, emails) it’s called digital marketing. This is a very simplistic definition of what digital marketing is about.
Some say its simple, some say its complex.
In this article I will first discuss on the several aspects or components of digital marketing, then reveal how you will drive your marketing in an automated manner so it’s less stressful, easy and also fun for you while increasing your clientele base/sales.
Components of Digital Marketing
- Classified Ad: Just like the name, it’s a site where users can make registration, update their account by uploading name, address, business description, products and services, pictures and any other information for visitors to be able to patronize them. There are several advantages of signing up with classified ad sites. They give you exposure, targeted traffic and ultimately sales. There are several classified ad websites in Nigeria, but I will list only some of the top 6 of them:
- Konga Deals
- Jumia Deals
- SMS Marketing
This is one of the cheapest means of marketing to all your prospects. It cost only noting more than N2 to advertise a 1 page SMS to a prospect. And there are several SMS websites. Bulk SMS Nigeria
- Forum Marketing: Most entrepreneurs, business startup, individuals and people of all classes enjoy hanging out in Forums (Online community for interaction and sharing of ideas, viewpoints). Forums also serve as a means of marketing your business to millions of target audience. Do you know that you can attract a daily 1000 target visitors to your website on a daily basis from one or two popular forums? Why not look into this medium of marketing. N.B: Do not spam forums and always adhere to the rules of the forum before making any post.
Some examples of forums in Nigeria are
- nairaland.com: I still remember back in the early 2000s when this forum started with just a few hundreds of members, but today it has grown to be a forum of more than 1million individuals. It’s a place people come to interact, share and collaborate on several issues from Technology, Agriculture, Business, and Real Estate and just name it.
- myschool.com.ng: A school forum that connects students with the latest information about Jamb, Post-UTME, Exam timetables and so on
- HotNigerianjobs.com: This is like the Nigerian Facebook, you see people of different shades and values coming together to meet new friend’s online, chat, discuss and also comment.
And so many others.
- Link Exchange and Joint Venture: Talk to someone today about your business and exchange links/client database etc. on a win-win agreement.
- Event Listing: Do you host events, training, and lectures? Do you want to tell people about your brand? Then its time for you to search out for Free or Premium event listing site and register an account, post details about your event and start receiving enquiries from prospective attendees.
- Blog Commenting: In blog commenting, you want to visit top blogs in your niche( area of interest or business)
- Video Blogging: Amongst all the King is youtube.com
- Document Sharing: When people are looking for amazing content they turn their attention to document sharing websites. Amazing documents, files, presentations are gotten off document sharing websites e.g.
Top 9 Best File Sharing Sites – Document Sharing Websites
(a) Issuu(b) https://www.slideshare.net/ (c) Google drive.(d) Dropbox.(e) 4Shared. (f) Mediafire.(g) icloud. (h) OneDrive.(i) Box.
- Infographics: Are you good at graphics? Or can you hire someone to turn your amazing content into graphics? If your answer is yes, then you can start marketing your products and services through infographics. Infographics are pictorial images with pictures and text used to illustrate a particular message or concept. There are several ways and avenues that can serve as a medium for your sharing this wonderfully made pictures e.g. WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, BBN etc.
- On-Page SEO: On page search Engine Optimization. Search Engine Optimization has two (2) aspects. On page i.e. that’s everything you’ve got to do “WITHIN YOUR WEBSITE” for search engines to easily locate and rank your website while off-page SEO is everything you do outside your website to attract visitors to your website.
Our focus is on-page SEO
I will really recommend you check out this articles on this blog for smart understanding
Do understand that in On-page SEO you have a nice website, simple/appealing layout, easy navigation, good headers, meta-tags and keywords in your rich website content.
Don’t know how to build an amazing website? You can do that in 2 days
- Article or Content Marketing: Content marketing is the king of all. When we train students on digital marketing strategy . We make students understand that if there is anything you should take seriously, that should be content marketing because it can actually help you to drive your entire marketing campaign i.e. it can help you automate marketing and make it fun.
Here the principle of re-usable content applies.
Content can be divided into 4 broad categories
- Videos: Think about anything from documentaries, vLogs,
- Text: Just like the name- Text e.g. eBooks, Journals, articles, brochures, press releases
- Audio: Audios in all mp3, wav formats. This can come in form of podcasts
- Images: Snapshots, pictures, infographics and anything in image format
Now think about this 1million dollar strategy. Say you write a 2000+ word article just like this one you are reading, the content can be turned into videos, eBooks, Podcasts, Infographics… Hurray. We just turned our article content into 4 more content making 5 content in all. What an awesome way to do content marketing with ease.
Am also thinking about something else. If you have your business or brand on 50 channels i.e. 5 medium per digital marketing component e.g. Social media marketing( Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram), Local Listing websites( Locanto, Jiji, JumiaDeals, Dealsday, Olx)… Hope you understand me.
Just pick 10 Components and focus and have 5 accounts each.
Let’s do some math.
10 Components, 5 Accounts each time 10 Articles per month (4 content types each)
10 X 5 X 10 X 4 = 2000 Contents in all for your marketing campaign. – Amazing.
So you can use this 2000 contents (500 each of Videos, Text, Audios, and Images) for your blog, newsletters, social media marketing etc.
This is what you can use to drive your other digital marketing components. This is what we call the #SearchEngineOptimizationDominationStrategy.
Stay tuned to this blog, I will be exposing how to write 1500+ blog post within 1 hr. easily with 100% unique content free from plagiarism.
- Social Media Marketing
- Facebook: Build Lasting Relationships With People and Find New Customers. Learn More!
Drive Local Sales · Start Advertising Today · Build Your Facebook Page · Online Sales Solutions
Types: Post likes, Website traffic, online sales, App installs, Video views, Customer acquisition
Millions of businesses, big and small, use Facebook’s apps and services to connect with real people on any device. BUILD AWARENESS
Tell your brand’s story
Whether it’s building awareness of your business or a new product, our brand awareness tools can help people learn more about what matters to you.
- Twitter: Growing a real following on Twitter takes more than sending out Tweets whenever your company has a product being released or an upcoming event. It’s about engaging with your target audience and interacting with them. Successful Twitter marketing is powerful.
- Google Plus: Should you spend your time promoting your content on Google Plus anymore in 2018? Well according to Google a vast number of Google+ users are still signing up every day (around 1.6 million according to Google). Hence, Google has decided to add some new features to the platform in 2017 to keep the audience engaged. Here are some of the new features that Google has rolled out in 2017.
- LinkedIn: Want to learn how to do LinkedIn marketing all in one place with free resources?
- Which tactics and methods will propel marketers to new heights on LinkedIn in 2018? You’ll find plenty of them in this trio of guides we’re making available to get you rolling.
Three of the utmost imperatives for LinkedIn marketing success – an effective Company Page, the right set of tools, and a regular routine that drives perpetual growth – are the subjects of these handy digital playbooks:
- Pay Per Click Advertising:
Pay–per–click (PPC), also known as cost per click(CPC), is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites, in which an advertiser pays a publisher (typically a website owner or a network of websites) when the ad is clicked. … However, websites can offer PPC ads.” Says Wikipedia
- Facebook Ads: To start placing ads use: https://web.facebook.com/business/products/ads#
- Google Ads: The Google version is called Google Adwords: https://adwords.google.com/intl/en_uk/home/
You simply need a Gmail account to start advertising via Google AdWords.
At the end of this article will tell you how to get a complete social media marketing and PPC training kit free!
- Bing Ads: A check on the Microsoft Bing page says a few words:
REACH ACROSS DEVICES
Connect with customers who are looking for your products and services at home, at work or on the go.
GO GLOBAL OR LOCAL
Reach millions of unique searchers on the Bing Network — by country, city or within a specific distance.
EASY TO IMPORT
If you’re already using another product like Google AdWords, it’s easy to pull that campaign into Bing Ads.
Just like any other pay per click digital marketing method, you can use this to drive traffic to your business.
- ECommerce Marketing: In this method what you do is to sell something on your website as a means of marketing your product or services. Take for instance if you are into consulting, one way to drive more traffic and sales is to create an e-commerce section on your website where you sell consulting. This way you are productizing your services and will eventually make more cash from this.
- Affiliate Marketing: This is you creating a referral system to help people and partners earn a reward for bringing people/prospects/clients to your business. It works great if properly implemented. See a sample here
There are several things to reward your affiliate marketers with egg. Cashback, Vouchers or Discount coupons on your services and anything good/appealing you can think about.
- Email Marketing: A simple check for a definition online says “Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Marketing emails can be sent to a purchased lead list or a current customer database. The term usually refers to sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing a merchant’s relationship with current or previous customers, encouraging customer loyalty and repeat business, acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately, and sharing third-party ads”
- Display Advertising: Many websites offer a fee to place a side banner on their website. This works because take for instance website A – has 1 million daily visits to her website whereas website B- has just 10 visitors. If website B places a simple advert banner on website A for a fee, Some of the Website A visitors will be interested in Website B Banner and therefore clicks and lands on website B website thereby creating traffic and upon conversion, this can result to sales.
Note that you must create a nice landing page i.e. the page where visitors from the banner will come to on your website so that you can maximize your click-through rate.
To get a complete social media marketing and PPC training kit free!
Join us for Digital Marketing Professional Training Program this Friday. 100% Hands-on. Click Below
Don’t Miss Out. Take Action Now and Better Your Brand Awareness – Make the sales TODAY!
Need to RUN A Digital Marketing Campaign today? Check Out